I had a bake sale this week. I needed something that wouldn’t take up a huge chunk of time, and as luck would have it – I found another cheat! This recipe for Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes comes from the folks at Better Homes and Gardens, and it’s a keeper!
â€¢ 1 3 oz. package orange flavored gelatin
â€¢ 1 – 18.25 ounce box of white cake mix
â€¢ 1 – 3.4 ounce box of Jello cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling mix
â€¢ 1 1/4 cups orange juice
â€¢ 4 eggs
â€¢ 1/3 cup vegetable oil
â€¢ 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Â Line cupcake pan with liners.Â Set aside 2 teaspoons of the orange gelatin for frosting.
2. In a bowl mix together the remaining gelatin, cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, eggs, oil and vanilla.
Fill cups with batter â€“ about 2/3 full.
3. Bake for 18 â€“ 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.Â Cool cupcakes before frosting.
â€¢ 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese
â€¢ 1/2 cup butter
â€¢ 2 teaspoons vanilla
â€¢ 5-6 cups of powdered sugar
â€¢ reserved orange gelatin
â€¢ 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
â€¢ orange food coloring if desired
1. Soften cream cheese and butter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl beat butter, cream cheese, reserved gelatin, orange peel and vanilla until light and fluffy.Â Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved. Mix in orange food coloring, if using.
This recipe makes about 24-27 cupcakes.