This is one of my favorite summer desserts – tart lemon curd, plump blueberries, topped with sweet whipped cream. Make one, you’ll be glad you did!
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Pulse all ingredients in a Cuisinart until crumbs form.
2. Transfer dough to a 9 inch tart pan. Press dough evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
3. Prick crust with a fork. Bake atÂ 350Âº for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
For the lemon curd:
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup of butter, cut into pieces
1. Combine all of the ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat, cook until the butter melts and the mixture is hot.
2. Lower the heat, whisking constantly allowing it to thicken. Do not let it boil! Cook until it has the consistency of custard.
3. Remove from heat, strain into a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cool.
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoonsÂ confectionery sugar
1. Put your bowl and beaters in the refrigerator ahead of time, they should be ice cold.
2. Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla and confectionery sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
1. Spread the lemon curd into cooled tart shell.
2. Top with blueberries. (I used about a pint and a half).
3. Spread or pipe whipped cream on top.
4. Garnish whipped cream with lemon zest.