Shrimp Scampi was on the menu for New Year’s Eve. It had been a busy day, and I wanted to make something that was special and out of the ordinary, but easy. This fit the bill. In the time it takes to cook the linguine, the shrimp can be sautéed with the garlic, then tossed with the pasta. Add a salad and a good loaf of bread, and you’re all set.
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, boil water and cook linguine according to directions.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic stirring constantly, so it doesn’t burn for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper to the pan, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Drain the linguine, add to the sauté pan, and stir to combine. Turn out on a platter and serve.
(Adapted from Ina Garten.)