This is a quick dinner to throw together, fits the bill on weeknights, and the fellas love, love, love it!
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into 1/4″ thick strips
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can beef broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Toss sliced beef in bowl with cornstarch, coat well.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. add the beef and cook until it browns, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, and beef broth to the pan and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Add the beef and sauce to the pan and stir, simmering for 5 minutes. Serve over white or brown rice.