My mom used to make this – comfort food at it’s best, and so easy! Take a bottom round roast, place it on a sheet of foil, top with cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix, seal up the foil and throw it in the oven. Leftovers make great hot sandwiches or chopped up with gravy over egg noodles. Perfect cold weather fare!
- 3 pound bottom round roast
- 1 – 10.75 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 300º. Place a piece of foil, long enough to wrap roast into the bottom of a roasting pan. Put the roast on the foil in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mushroom soup with the onion soup mix, and pour over roast. Sprinkle with water, fold the foil over, and seal all edges.
- Bake at 300º for 4 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and your vegetable of choice.