A new school year is upon us, (can I get a HOO-RAY!) and pretty soon, I’ll be back in the land of bake sales and packing lunches. These cookies are from Scott Peacock – not only are they delicious, but they only take about 15 minutes to put together and you don’t have to bake them!
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (I used Extra Crunchy Jif)
- 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, oatmeal, and vanilla. In a smaller bowl, stir the sugar, salt, and cocoa powder together.
2. Add the milk and butter in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat until the butter melts. Then whisk in the sugar, salt and cocoa powder, let it come to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes stirring constantly. Add the oatmeal and peanut butter, mix well, and cook for another minute – stir so that it doesn’t burn.
3. Drop tablespoons of the cookie mixture on a wax paper lined baking sheet. It will firm up when cool. Store in a tightly sealed container. Makes three dozen cookies.