Determined to lift myself out of my “what-to-make-for-dinner” fog, I give you Chicken with Tomato Peanut Sauce that I found on relish. Breaded, boneless chicken thighs, browned on top of the stove, and finished off in the crock pot. I started it early on Saturday, allowing me to get some work done in the afternoon without having to stop in the middle of eveything to start making dinner. And the best part? It was delicious!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 – 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Wash chicken and dredge in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until it’s golden brown on both sides. Transfer to crock pot
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, cook until vegetable begin to soften – about 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, peanut butter, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper and chicken broth, use a wisk to incorporate the peanut butter into the sauce. Ladle over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low 3 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice and garnish with chopped peanuts.