Saturday’s trip to the market yielded three pounds of small, ripe peaches – perfect for the tart I’ve been wanting to make. I also spied gorgeous half pints of raspberries, which I picked up to top off my tart. It smelled divine while baking, and tasted even better!
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, cold and cut up into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
1. In the bowl of a food processor combine flour, salt, and butter, pulse until mixture looks like course crumbs. Add ice water slowly, pulsing until the mixture begins to clump. Place dough in a plastic bag, work to form a ball, flatten into a disk, and chill for an hour.
2. Place pie dough on a lightly floured work surface; roll into a 12-inch circle. Ease dough into a 9-inch tart pan.
- 3 pounds peaches, pits removed and sliced
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Arrange slices in tart pan, top with raspberries, and dot with butter.
- Bake at 425º for 20 minutes, turn oven down to 375º and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.