Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, fresh cranberries have made an appearance in the market. These muffins have chopped cranberries, mini chocolate chips, and orange zest with a streusel topping and an orange glaze! They’re the perfect accompaniment with a cup of coffee in the morning!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 orange, zested and juice reserved
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325º, line 2 muffin pans with 18 liner papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix egg, milk, zest, and butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined, fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Drop batter into muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter for the streusel topping. Sprinkle it over the batter and bake for 20 minutes, testing with a toothpick.
- Let muffins cool, and make the orange glaze. Whisk the confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons of orange juice, adding the additional tablespoon if needed.