This lemon yogurt cake is a one pan/no frost wonder. It’s a moist cake with a lemon syrup brushed on top while the cake is still warm from the oven, resulting with a delicious citrus glazed crust. It was the perfect finale for our Mother’s Day dinner!
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of one medium lemon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Spray an 8″ round cake pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper and spray the parchment, set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer combine yogurt, sugar, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add lemon zest and canola oil, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check that it’s done. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon juice and confectioners sugar together for the glaze. Turn cake out of pan and set on wire rack.
- With a pastry brush, pat glaze on the surface of the cake until glaze is used up. Serves 8 to 10.