Rice Krispie treats with jimmies – who can resist? I found this recipe via gimme some oven. It uses the usual ingredients – marshmallows, cereal, and butter – but adds jimmies Â for color and dry cake mix for flavor. I used an ice cream scoop and dropped the mixture into a cupcake pan for individual treats, they were a hit!
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup of dry yellow cake mix
- 5 cups of crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1.75) container of jimmies
1. Sprinkle jimmies into a cupcake pan.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, and add marshmallows. Stir, and as they begin to melt, add dry cake mix a tablespoon at a time and stir to combine. Add cereal and stir to coat with the marshmallow mixture, sprinkle in more jimmies.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, fill cupcake pan with cereal mixture. Let sit for a half hour, run a knife around the sides and pop out.Â