This is a simple peach cake that’s perfect for summer. Unfussy, one pan, no icing, incredibly moist, just a sprinkling of confectioner’s sugar and you’re all set!
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 7 peaches
1. Preheat oven to 355º, grease a 9″ springform pan. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with light brown sugar.
2. In a medium bowl whisk sugar and eggs until light and fluffy – about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla, melted butter, and milk.
3. In a small bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together, then add to the sugar, egg, vanilla, milk mixture.
4. Peel the peaches, slice, and fold into the batter. Pour into the pan and place pan on baking sheet and bake for one hour until the top is golden. This is one instance where the toothpick test won’t work. Just keep your eye on the clock and look for the top of the cake to be golden. Let cool in pan. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve. Store in refrigerator.