This lemon loaf is perfection with a cup of coffee or tea. It was a big hit at the old homestead, delicious for breakfast or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 9″ x 5″ baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon zest, butter, eggs, oil, sour cream, and lemon juice. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 45 to 52 minutes, testing with a toothpick.
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Whisk together, spread half of the mixture on the cooler loaf, refrigerate for twenty minutes, and repeat.