A new school year begins and I’m gearing up for the bake sales! I’ve been testing out a few new recipes to go beyond the usual cupcake and brownie route. These were easy to throw together and are very rich – so cut smallish squares. What are you waiting for? Get baking!
- 1 – 18.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325Âº.
2. Combine cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer.Â Press into a 9 x 13 pan – reserving 1 1/2 cups of the mix to crumble on top.
3. In a small pot melt the chocolate chips,Â sweetened condensed milk, and 2 tablespoons butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Spread the chocolate mixture over the dough with a spatula and crumble the reserved cake mixture on top.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, let cool, and cut into bars.
This is another gem from The Cake Doctor!