A friend was coming over for coffee and I needed something to serve with it. I’m tired of making cookies and brownies and I thought blondies would be an interesting change from the same old, same old. They didn’t last long…
(I know, two food posts in one week. * hangs head in shame * Bear with me – it’s been a whirlwind of a week.)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350º and grease a 9″ x 13″ pan. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixed until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together – then add to the brown sugar mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips.
3. Spread batter into baking pan and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, testing with a toothpick. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 to 36, depending on size.