This bread is swirled with cinnamon sugar, has a crumble topping, and because it’s a holiday weekend – add a glaze to the top. It’s only a few hundred more calories. Make a giant pot of coffee, slice a hunk of this bread, and have a leisurely breakfast of champions. Happy Labor Day!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cinnamon swirl:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon warm water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with foil and grease with butter or shortening.
2. In a large bowl add the dry ingredients – flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and whisk together. Add the vegetable oil, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla – whisk until combined. Batter will be a bit lumpy.
3. Mix together the cinnamon and granulated sugar for the cinnaom swirl.
4. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Pour another 1/3 of the batter in the pan and top with the rest of the cinnamon sugar. Pour remaining batter on top.
5. Make the crumble topping. In a small bowl mix the flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon together. Cut the butter in with a fork until well combined. Sprinkle on top of the batter in pan.
6. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
7. While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners sugar, vanilla, and warm water together, drizzle over the top of the cake.