Peanut butter and chocolate – the perfect match in this soft, chewy cookie. They’re so good, my son (who once went out for Halloween as a Reese’s peanut butter cup) was sneaking them off of the rack as they were cooling. He’s my test market!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate & peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325º. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars. Add the vanilla, eggs, then the flour mixture until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack. Makes three dozen cookies.