This is a beautiful holiday bread. Wrapped in a tea towel it would make a lovely gift for a teacher or neighbor.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with foil and grease well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, add the cranberries, and toss to coat with the flour mixture. Tossing the cranberries in flour will help them stay distributed in the bread, and not sink to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, add the buttermilk, oil, vanilla, egg, orange zest, and sugar, add the flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, be sure to check with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, and turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
Looks good! 🙂
It was a big hit with the fellas!