Who says you don’t have time to bake? One bowl, one pan, twenty minutes – that’s about all it takes to whip up this apple cake. Plus, clean up’s a breeze! Given the sudden drop in temperature, this apple cake was spectacular, slightly warm with a cup of coffee.
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium Honey Crisp apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350º, lightly spray a 9″ round baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, sugar, cinnamon, and oil. Peel and slice the apples, adding them to the mixture in the bowl.
- Combine the flour and baking soda, add to the ingredients in the bowl. Using a fork, mix well until the flour has been absorbed by the wet ingredients. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan, and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
Drooling over here… sigh
So easy to make – Joe loved it! I hear it goes well with meatloaf.