This is an easy to throw together weeknight dinner – what I refer to as a cheat. Chicken legs tossed in a spiced up version of Bisquick Baking Mix, and baked on a hot, buttered pan in the oven. Ready to go in less than an hour – while they were baking, I used up leftover corn and made some fritters.
Oven fried chicken is my go to meal after a day at the pool. Leftovers are packed into lunch boxes the next day, eaten cold with potato salad. It’s my summertime chicken!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken*, (cut up broiler-fryer chicken)
- Preheat oven to 425º. Melt butter in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan in the oven.
- In a large bowl or a plastic bag, mix Bisquick, paprika, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken with the mixture, and place skin side down in pan (pan and butter should be hot).
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, turn chicken and bake for an additional 15. Cut into the thickest centers of the pieces to make sure the juice is no longer running pink.
* I used chicken legs because it’s what the fellas like!
I just BBQ mine… LOL
I probably should light my grill – the kitchen would be cooler!