These are a drop cookie that are light in texture and cake-like. They’re flavored with lots of orange zest and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips – orange and chocolate, one of my favorite combos! I guarantee, they won’t last long on your cookie tray.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar, butter, and orange zest. Mix in egg, ricotta, and vanilla. Add flour until just combined, fold in then stir in chocolate chips. Let dough chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop tablespoons of dough 2″ apart on the baking sheet, leave remaining dough in the refrigerator. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes, leave cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough, be sure to use a cool baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk confectioners sugar, orange juice, and zest. Spoon over cooled cookies, and let the glaze set at room temperature. Makes 3 dozen cookies.