I’m a sucker for lemon desserts, so when I saw this recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake – I knew I had to give it a whirl. It’s lemony, moist, and best of all, easy to throw together.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 – 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Generously grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan, set aside. (You can use 3 mini loaf pans, filling them up no more than 3/4 with the batter – bake for 35 minutes.)
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, ricotta, and sugar until well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then mix in vanilla, zest, and lemon juice. Mix in the dry ingredients a small amount at a time until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, testing with a toothpick. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out on a rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the confections sugar and lemon juice, drizzle over the cake.