The best part about making a pot roast is being able to serve it again for dinner two nights later. I get out of cooking, freeing up time to make yeast rolls on a weeknight. These rolls are soft and light in texture and easy to make. I’d offer hints of what to do with day old yeast rolls – but they seemed to have disappeared!
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
1. In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar, and hot water. Add the yeast, and whisk until dissolved. Stir in the egg, salt, and flour. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size – about an hour.
2. Grease 8 muffin cups, and spoon the dough into cups and let rise again until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 425º.
3. When oven comes to temperature, bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.