For all of the pies, cookies, bread, and pasta dishes I post about on here – there are just as many salads and steamed vegetables eaten behind the scenes. Let’s face it, steamed broccoli isn’t as sexy as banana cream pie, but maybe a baby spinach salad with sliced avocado and a homemade mustard vinaigrette will turn some heads!
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1. In a blender, combine the first 6 ingredients and blend until smooth. You can also do this with a whisk.
2. Remove the plastic fill cap from the lid, turn blender on low and slowly add the olive oil. (If doing by hand, whisk the ingredients while slowly drizzling in the oil.) Then whisk in the mayonnaise.
3. Refrigerate after using, keeps up to three weeks.