We’ve all been there – you need bread for dinner, but didn’t plan ahead to whip up a no-knead loaf, the bakery is closed, and your eyes are rolling like a slot machine at the “Italian” bread in your grocery store. Here’s an easy, four ingredient bread (five, if you count water as an ingredient) to make in about an hour, and it’s good!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons yeast (or 2 packets)
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups flour
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water, honey, yeast and salt, set aside for 5 to 10 minutes until foamy.
- Stir in 4 cups of flour, then knead with your hands until well incorporated. If the dough is sticking to your fingers, add a little bit more flour and work it in until the dough sticks to itself and not your hands.
- Shape it into a loaf and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400º, cut three slits in the top, and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.