Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and I can’t think of a better way to say “I dig you”, than baking a batch of these big, soft, chocolate chip cherry cookies for your significant other. No significant other? No problem! Make ’em anyway and share them with the mailman or your neighbors – just be sure to set aside a few for yourself!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 – 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter/sugar mixture until incorporated, then fold in the chocolate chips and cherries. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Measure out 2 tablespoons of dough and roll in a ball, place balls 3″ apart on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, and transfer to wire rack, Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
Now THAT is different! 🙂