I’m thinking this could be the beginning of a series, “In the Kitchen with Lloyd”, because I’m a firm believer that if you eat – you should know how to cook. On Saturday, he made this side dish to accompany the pork chops we were having for dinner. There are a lot of delicious, filling, and easy to make recipes out there – which is something that we’ll be exploring together. By the way, Lloyd’s corn custard casserole was magnificent!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 – 15.25 oz. can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 – 14.75 oz. can cream style sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour into the butter until it’s well incorporated, then add the sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Stir in the corn and cream style corn, add the salt and pepper.
- Pour into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish, and bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the center is set and the casserole is brown on top.
That looks fantastic!
Oh my God, it was so good! I polished it off this morning with a fried egg!