These cookies are like a brownie in cookie form – chewy, but slightly crispy -and very chocolate! I made them for the lifeguards at our pool, but it looks like I’m going to have to make another batch, because they seem to be evaporating in my kitchen!
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, both sugars, vanilla, baking powder, and salt on high for 5 minutes. The batter should be thick and creamy.
- Reduce the mixer to low, and add the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Drop batter in 1 tablespoon sized scoops onto a parchment covered baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and let cool on a wire rack. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
Those look GOOD! 🙂