If you haven’t heard – peanut butter and cream cheese is a match made in heaven! This frosting was the perfect compliment to the chocolate sour cream cake The Boy and I made to celebrate his birthday over the weekend. It’s easy to make, spreads and pipes nicely, and has just the right amount of tang and peanut flavor.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- pinch salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and beat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar, a half cup at a time, on a low speed, then add vanilla.
- Mix in the peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Makes 2 cups.
As much as I like peanut butter, I still don’t care for it in frosting for some reason…
You’re allowed! 🙂