This is another bake sale cupcake, the recipe came from shortcut queen Anne Byrn, also known as The Cake Doctor. It uses a box cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling, resulting in an incredibly moist cake. I converted the recipe from a cake into cupcakes, and used a buttercream instead of the chocolate glaze – although I think a dusting of confectionary sugar in place of an icing would work too. It’s that good!
• 1 – 18.25 box of devil’s food cake mix
• 1 – 21 ounce can of cherry pie filling
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, blend on a low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes.
3. Fill cupcake papers halfway and bake for 18 to 21 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.