I first had this pizza in a small restaurant in Connecticut and loved it! I recreated it at home substituting sharp cheddar cheese for the mozzarella the restaurant used. It’s a quick, throw together dinner, and has become part of my “I really don’t feel like making dinner tonight” rotation!
- 1 pizza shell (I buy them from a local bakery and keep them in the freezer.)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (Or you can make your ownÂ and avoid the MSG – it’s easy!)
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- 1 chopped tomato
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- sour cream
1. Preheat oven toÂ 400Âº
2. Brown ground beef, then add taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water, let simmer for a few minutes.
3. Place the pizza shell on a cookie sheet, spoon the beef over the shell, sprinkle the cheese and olives on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the shell is golden brown.
4. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, and a dollop of sour cream.