This recipe came highly recommended from my cousin Linda. I tweaked the recipe a bit, lessened the amount of nutmeg and added a diced Granny Smith Apple to the batter. The cake was moist and delicious, even the five day old end – (which I had with coffee one afternoon) was good. This cake baked in paper loaf pans would make a nice holiday/hostess gift.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350º. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla.
2. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir in the applesauce and diced apple.
3. Bake in a greased loaf pan for an hour.
m, m, m, m, m, m, ………
The fall season is upon us!!!!!
Yep, orchards, and cider, and pumpkins!