I have lots of recipes that call for one cup of canned pumpkin, but then what do you do with the leftovers? Such was my quandary this week. I was making chocolate cupcakes for the kids in my son’s class – and I thought a cream cheese pumpkin frosting would be perfect for the upcoming holiday!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together.
2. Add in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla.
3. Sift in the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time. I ended up using 2 1/2 cups, you may want to use 3, depending on how sweet you prefer it to be. Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes.