This is the last of the rhubarb recipes for a while – honest! It’s just that I had a surplus of rhubarb, and when I saw Deb from Smitten Kitchen’s recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Bars – I buckled like a belt!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup finely diced rhubarb
- 1 cup finely diced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 375º. In an 8″ x 8″ pan, add rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter, stir to combine. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture, and press down the mixture in pan.
2. Spread one cup of fruit over the crust. Sprinkle with cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar. Top with remaining fruit, 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar, and reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until crumb mixture is golden, slice into bars.