I found Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast in the grocery store, and I thought I’d give it a shot. I pretty much followed their recipe with the exception that I pre-baked the crust for 5 minutes before adding the toppings. It was good, quick, no proofing the yeast or allowing time for the shells to rise. I still like my old recipe for making pizza – but in a pinch, you can make this pizza in less time than it takes to order one.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 envelope of Fleischmann’s Pizza Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup warm water ( 120º to 130º)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- olive oil to top pizza
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced and halved
1. Preheat oven to 425º. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add water and vegetable oil, mix until well blended.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes. Roll out dough to make a 12″ circle. Transfer dough to an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Brush with olive oil and spread minced garlic. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and top with sliced tomatoes. Bake for 15 minutes.