Growing up, there was always an aunt who made ambrosia for the holidays. Any salad which included marshmallows as key ingredient was a-okay with me! According to ancient Greek myths, ambrosia is the food of the Greek gods imparting immortality to those who consumed it. I had no idea Cool Whip had been around that long!
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 – 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 – 8 ounce cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 – 10 ounce jar of maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups fruit flavored mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl, stir the Cool Whip and sour cream together.
- Fold in fruit, coconut, and marshmallows. Chill for at least an hour before serving. Serves eight.