We spent a couple of days in Atlantic City last week, and except for pouring waffle batter on a waffle iron at the hotel’s complimentary breakfast – I didn’t have to cook. So when we got home, I pulled some pie dough out of the freezer and made this tart. Nothing like being knocked around by killer waves, requiring bedrest at the end of the day, to inspire iPad searches of tarts to bake when you eventually get full use of your limbs back!
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Pulse all ingredients in a Cuisinart until crumbs form or combine in a large bowl with a fork.
2. Transfer dough to a 9 inch tart pan. Press dough evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
For the filling
- 6 cups of washed, sliced nectarines
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large bowl, toss nectarines, flour, sugar, and salt.
- Arrange nectarine slices in the tart shell in concentric circles. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.