This is a nice, light salad for a hot summer night that goes well with burgers or grilled chicken. Just three ingredients tossed with oil and fresh lemon juice and seasoned with salt and pepper – this salad will be on permanent rotation around these parts!
- 6 celery stalks, cut into 1/4″ slices, leaves reserved
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- Soak the celery and radishes in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat the vegetables dry with a paper towel. Return to the bowl and season with salt and pepper, pour the lemon juice over the vegetables, and toss to combine. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil to the vegetables, and toss to coat. Slice avocados and add to the bowl, along with the celery leaves. Serves 4.