An everything bagel is a bagel that’s topped with poppy seeds, onion flakes, toasted sesame seeds, garlic powder, and kosher salt. This no-knead bread is similar, but the seasoning mix is incorporated into the dough, as well as sprinkled on top. Tasty!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ‘everything’ season mix
- 1 1/2 cups water (90º to 100º)
Everything Season Mix
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the dried onion, garlic powder, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, yeast, and 3 1/2 teaspoons of ‘everything’ seasoning, whisk until well mixed. Add the water and stir with a spoon until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit on your countertop for 13 to 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450º. While waiting for the oven to come to temperature, dump the dough out onto a heavily floured cotton kitchen towel (not terry cloth) and cover with plastic wrap. When the oven comes to temperature, place a 3 to 6 quart pot with a lid in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes are up, remove the baking dish from oven. Flour your hands (the dough is sticky) and carefully place the dough in the pot. Lightly spray the dough with water and sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of the ‘everything’ season mix over the dough. Cover the pot, and place in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pot using oven mitts or long tongs, and cool on a wire rack.