I’m always looking for ways to use up the leftover roast chicken in the fridge, and if you happen to have leftover rice – even better! This dish is definitely something you can easily throw together on a week night for dinner, and is great to take for lunch the following day.
- 1 cup rice (2 cups water)
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 carrots, diced and blanched in water for about 5 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- When rice is done, warm sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, peas, and carrots, stirring so the garlic and onions don’t burn.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, scrambling with the vegetables.
- Add the rice, chicken, and soy sauce to the pan, stir well to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
The fellas loved it!