What do I love about spring? Putting the boot tray away, daffodils, pink flowering trees, and rhubarb. This cake is light and sweet, and studded with diced rhubarb. This no fuss dessert would be the perfect finale to an Easter dinner!
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons for top of rhubarb
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9″ round cake pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and eggs until light. Add butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into pan, spread rhubarb on top of the batter, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and test with a toothpick.
That’s a winner!
It was, I love rhubarb – and it’s available for such a short time around here. A pie is next!