Nothing like a citrusy cake to chase away the winter doldrums. This one layer wonder is perfect with a cup of coffee for breakfast, or as a snack cake anytime of day!
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350º, grease and flour a 9″ round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Using a spatula gently fold in flour mixture alternating with the heavy cream until the mixture is well combined. Then fold in the butter, lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- For into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. When completely cooled, dust with confectioners sugar.
That sounds delicious!