Galettes, what I call the lazy man’s pie. I tossed some peaches, strawberries, and raspberries with sugar, lemon juice and zest and ended up with an easy and lovely dessert!
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1. In the bowl of a food processor combine flour, salt, and butter. Pulse until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Add ice water, a tablespoon at a time, until dough begins to clump. Form into a disk by hand, wrap in plastic and refrigerate dough for at least an hour.
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup raspberries
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 13″ round. Transfer dough to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches, strawberries, raspberries, lemon zest and juice with the sugars and cornstarch.
- Scoop the fruit onto the dough, leaving a 2 inch border all around. Fold the dough over the fruit and pleat the edges as you work your way around. Place in the freezer for a half hour – this will help it keep it’s shape.
- Preheat oven to 425º, remove galette from freezer and dot with butter . Bake for 15 minutes at 425º, then lower heat to 375º and continue baking for an additional 35 to 40 minutes until crust is golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
That is ‘different’ 🙂
Yeah, it was originally going to be peaches and raspberries – but then I had some strawberries in the fridge, so….. 😉