A chocolate cookie for the holiday cookie tray. This cookie has melted chocolate, cocoa powder and is rolled in granulated and confectioners’ sugar before going into the oven! These rich cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream!
- 1 1/3 cups of mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Set bowl aside too cool.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat the butter and light brown sugar until light, then add the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the cooled chocolate.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the flour mixture and half the milk, and repeat with the rest.
- Divide dough in 4 pieces, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350º, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1″ balls, coat in granulated sugar, and then roll in confectioners’ sugar – placing them 2″ apart on the sheet. Bake for 14 minutes, let cook on a wire rack. Can be stored in an airtight container between parchment or wax paper for three days. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Those look GOOD!