It’s that time of the year again – I’m test driving dessert recipes for Thanksgiving. This cake is easy to throw together, and is studded with big chunks of apples. The only way to improve it, would be to toss a handful of cranberries in the mix!
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large apples, cut into one inch chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º, then grease and flour an 8″ springform pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs then add the sugar and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and melted butter in two batches. Fold in the apple chunks and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You could always test drive them over this way… 🙂
I could! 🙂