Since the produce vendors still have fresh peaches on their stands, I made one last peach dessert over the weekend. A simple crumb mixture pressed into a cake pan, a layer of peaches, and topped with more crumb mixture. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream – it’s divine!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups peaches peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º, grease and flour an 8″ cake pan.
- Peel and slice peaches, toss with sugar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter using a fork to make a crumb mixture, then mix in egg.
- Add 2/3 of the crumb mixture to the pan, spoon the peaches over it, then sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden on top.