It’s that time of year, pie time!
- 2 2/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 sticks of very cold butter, cut up into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ice water
1. Put flour, butter, and salt in a food processor with a metal blade pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Add ice water until the dough begins to clump together. Divide into three discs and place in separate plastic bags, and work dough into a flat disc. Refrigerate for an hour. (This recipe make 3 – 9″ pie shells, two for the pie and one for the freezer.)
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into prepared pie pan, bake at 425º for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375º for another 30 minutes.
Happy thanksgiving to you and yours! I have one of those (store bought), and I’m doing a pecan pie!
Pecan pie sounds good – I haven’t made one of those in years!