This is a modest, crustless pie that’s packed with fruit. The custard is made in a blender, then poured over a pan of sliced pears and baked. Simple, but a beautiful dessert!
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9″ cake pan.
- Arrange pear slices in pan.
- Add the butter, eggs, milk, salt, sugar, flour, and vanilla in a blender – process until smooth.
- Pour over sliced pears and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until top is golden and custard is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack and dust with confectioners sugar.
Interesting, never thought about doing that with pears!
So good, and easy to make.