If you are looking for the ultimate in a lemon cake, this is your recipe. It’s tart, moist, and delicious. And if you are a lemon lover like I am, this will be your new favorite cake!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º, line a 9″ round cake pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, sugar, and eggs together. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt, then add lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, then add oil.
- bake for 30 to 40 minutes, test with a toothpick. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Make glaze and brush on top of the cake.