This savory galette is light and perfect for summer. It combines the sweetness of cherry tomatoes with zucchini and corn, baked in a flaky crust. I made the pastry dough a day ahead of time, so when it came time to make it – I rolled out the crust as I was sautéing the vegetables on top of the stove.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 ear of corn, sliced from the cob
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour and salt. add small bits of butter, and work into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or your fingers.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, and ice water and add it to the flour/butter mixture.
- Work until large lumps form, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a large saute pan with a lid, add olive oil, salt, tomatoes, and crushed red pepper over high heat. with a wooden spoon, stir the tomatoes so that they cook evenly. When the tomatoes begin to burst, turn the heat down to medium and add the diced zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes, add the corn, and sauté for an additional minute. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400º, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out into a 12″ circle, and transfer to baking sheet. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the vegetable mixture into the center of the pastry dough, leaving a 2″ border. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Fold the pastry dough over the filling, brush with the egg wash. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice on to serving plate. This galette can be served warm or at room temperature.